ICOM G2 Gateway Re-Installation Instructions
These procedures are designed to enable a gateway administrator to
recover from a catastrophic failure of their ICOM G2 gateway system.
While it is possible to create a replica of your current system using
these procedures, it is imperative that you DO NOT run two
instances of your gateway at the same time on the production network.
This procedure relies upon the fact that you had previously installed
the G2 System Backup
script and have a current copy of the compressed tar archive
(GWCALL-backup.tgz) file that it produces.
- IMPORTANT: Do NOT run two instances of your gateway at the same time!
- If the gateway you are restoring is still online, shut it down now!
- Re-install CentOS version 5.x per ICOM Installation Instructions.
- Re-install bind domain name server software per ICOM instructions using ds_bind-install script.
- Re-install gateway software per ICOM Instructions using dstar_gw-install script.
Using WinSCP or similar file transfer program, upload a copy of your current backup file to the /tmp directory of the gateway.
Log in as root with the password you created in step 3.
Restore the backup files created by the g2_backup script.
- Do NOT edit the dsipsvd or dsgwd configuration files, these will be restored.
- Do NOT run the add_user_mng.sh script as the databases will be restored also.
IMPORTANT: You may need to update /etc/sysconfig/network-scripts/ifcfg-eth0 and ifcfg-eth1 with the proper HWADDR of your network interface cards (NIC) if you have changed hardware.
IMPORTANT: Do not restore sync_gip, sync_mng, or sync_rip tables onto your gateway. These tables will be recovered upon first synchronization with the US Root Trust Server.
IMPORTANT: Run /sbin/service iptables restart - to reload iptables before running g2_updates
Install important updates required for re-acceptance into the US Root trust server
Be careful to clear out previous csv backups from the postgres directory as instructed below: rm -f /home/postgres/*.csv
Restore the postgres database:
- cd /
- tar -xvPzf /tmp/GWCALL-backup.tgz
- Note: DSM Installation Script should give you the option to (U)pdate, choose "U".
Reboot your system.
Verify normal operation. Note, it may take 30 minutes to an hour before dplus linking works again.
Brian Roode, NJ6N
- Note: The dplus configuration file and dv audio files were restored in step 8.